As a member of the voting public I am against this blatant abuse of the impeachment process. This process is being abused and weaponized to assure President Trump will be blocked from running again. Thus removing the American peoples choice for a future candidate. This impeachment is nothing more than an exercise to assure American citizens do not have a choice to vote for President Trump in our future elections. As such it is a violating of the constitution as well as the right of every American to vote for the candidate of their choice.
The people of the United States can decide for themselves if a candidate is worthy. We do not want nor do we need your intervention to stop someone you might not agree with. This is an abhorrent violation of the very core of our democracy. Do not let this proceed any further than it already has. Allow the will of the people to make the decision, not the politicians who have had a vendetta in place for years.
We have seen violence in 2020 which was condoned and not condemned by such people as Vice President Kamala Harris and Nancy Pelosi. This played a significant part in the mob mentality believing that violence and breaking the law are acceptable, and the new norm. If you do not see this you are being willfully ignorant. In the speech by the President he did not call on the crowd to riot or storm the capitol at all. He did not call for insurrection he called for the protestors to ‘Peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard’. His speech was far less hateful than what we have heard from the leadership on the left. They have spoken clearly in support of the riots and destruction in the last year we have all seen. Here are some examples:
- Ayanna Pressley “You know, there needs to be unrest in the streets for as long as there’s unrest in our lives.”
- Nancy Pelosi D-Calif “I just don’t know why there aren’t uprisings all over the country. Maybe there will be”
- Kamala Harris ” it’s no wonder people are taking to the streets. And I support them
- Tim Kaine D- Virginia on MSNBC calls on liberals to “fight in the streets”
- Kamala Harris “…the greatest movements that we have seen in the history of our country … have been born out of protests, have been born out of understanding the power of the people to take to the streets and force their government to become… to address what is wrong, the inequities, the inequalities… to force the government to be true to the ideals that we say we hold dear.”
- Maxine Waters D-Calif “If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and create a crowd and you push back on them, and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere.”
- Attorney General Loretta Lynch calls for “liberals to march, bleed and die in the streets.”
This effort us not about impeaching a sitting President who has to be removed. It is a continuation of the derangement we suffered in the last four years against a sitting President from the left. As Nancy Pelosi said, they were going to make sure he was removed “At any and all costs”. Apparently this includes crushing the constitutional rights of the people of the United States who do not agree with her. This is an abuse of the intended use of impeachment. Please remember, we the people will remember the direction this takes. We will then make our voices heard in the next election cycle. Do the right thing and end this abuse of the power of impeachment. Get on with the real business of the American people.